Helping Hand Home employs over 90 full-time and part-time staff to work with the 41 children in residence. Positions range from Therapeutic Childcare Specialist and professional clinical staff to administrative and support staff. Helping Hand Home offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
*Recruiting Powered by TalentCare
Therapeutic Childcare Specialist
The Therapeutic Childcare Specialist works to provide a stable, safe, and healing environment for the children in our care. HHH uses the TCU Trust-Based Relationship Intervention model as the foundation of our program. A two-week paid training program is provided.
This role might be a good fit for people interested in direct care, child development, trauma-informed care, mental health, attachment theory and practice, social work, relationship-based therapy, treatment planning, or life skills coaching.
Details of Position:
- Teach and role-model a variety of social, problem solving, academic, recreational, and self-help skills
- Implement motivational and discipline plans and effective teaching techniques taught in training or outlined in individualized treatment plans for the children
- Build relationships with the children through mutual respect, positive feedback, and consistency
- Actively and enthusiastically lead and participate in activities
- Safely use crisis intervention techniques to manage aggressive behavior
- Complete required regular forms and reports accurately
- Contribute to building a home-like, therapeutic environment
- Set boundaries in a nurturing, supportive way
- What we look for: patience, empathy, emotional resilience, flexibility, punctuality
- Part- or full-time hours available. Currently hiring for our next training class.
- Helpful but not required: Social Services degree and/or experience; experience working with children.
- Two-week paid training is provided.
Salary and Benefits:
- Minimum of $17.00 per hour, depending upon experience.
- Full-time employees receive paid health insurance, subsidized dental and vision, 401(k), tuition assistance and 26 days of PTO annually.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be physically able to use authorized crisis intervention techniques
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Must be flexible with hours and able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overnights as needed