Helping Hand Home employs over 90 full-time and part-time staff to work with the 41 children in residence. Positions range from Therapeutic Childcare Specialist and professional clinical staff to administrative and support staff. Helping Hand Home offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The Development Coordinator will provide support for all development efforts which include: donor tracking and relations, special events, marketing and communications as well as grant writing and other fundraising efforts.
Details of the Position:
– Provide support for all fundraising events, activities and appeals within the Development Department
– Coordinate daily interactions regarding in-kind donation, which includes questions, telephone and email inquiries and any in-person donation drop offs
– Provide support for two annual fundraising events (Champions for Children Awards Luncheon and The Crystal Ball Gala)
– Work independently on and assists with various marketing and communications duties including daily social media content development, e-newsletter content development, and website management
– Coordinate collection of all in-kind donations (corporate and individuals) received during the year (such as all holiday gifts and school supplies).
– Work with Volunteer & Enrichment Manager to engage individual donors and donor groups in donations and volunteerism at HHH
– Research and solicits new relationships with corporate groups and individuals for Third Party fundraisers
– Coordinate all third party fundraising efforts by providing and creating materials or any other additional information and staffing as needed.
– Work with Development Director to solicit and acknowledge donors in meaningful ways to help steward donor relations
– Work directly with Development Director and Society PR Chair on creating PR/Marketing calendar
– Design and prepare packets, messaging and correspondence regarding HHH and its programs
– Work directly with the Development Director to arrange and attend tours and meetings with donors and prospective donors
– Supervise Development Department interns
– Make necessary preparations for Board, Community Advisory Board and all Development Committee meetings.
– Assist Board President and Helping Hand Society members on an as-needed basis
– In order to achieve departmental goals, assume other duties as assigned
– College degree
– Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel and Word
– Experience in (or desire to learn) InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Dreamweaver
– Excellent social and professional communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to build relationships with volunteers, committees, donors, and community groups
– Ability to be flexible and prioritize tasks
– At least 21 years of age
– Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
– One or more years of experience in donor relations, special events, client relations, or fundraising
– Experience using WordPress
Helping Hand Home for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.