Helping Hand Home employs over 90 full-time and part-time staff to work with the 41 children in residence. Positions range from Therapeutic Childcare Specialist and professional clinical staff to administrative and support staff. Helping Hand Home offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Helping Hand Home for Children is currently hiring a full-time Therapist. The position’s main job function is to provide individual, group, and family therapy and case management services to a caseload of approximately 11 children. This position also provides guidance to the treatment team regarding clinical and milieu issues as well as documents goals and progress in each child’s file.
Full-time employees receive paid health insurance, subsidized dental and vision, 401k, and 26 days of PTO annually.
This position participates in the on-call system, which requires the employee be on call for a week approximately four to five times per year.
– Master’s degree in social work or equivalent human services advanced degree required
– Licensure as an LCSW or LPC required
– Minimum of two years working with children / families required
– Experience working in a residential treatment setting preferred
– Must hold a current driver’s license
Therapeutic Childcare Specialist
The Therapeutic Childcare Specialist works to provide a stable, safe, and healing environment for the children in our care. We use the TCU Trust-Based Relationship Intervention model as the foundation of our program. A two-week paid training program is provided.
This role might be a good fit for people interested in direct care, child development, trauma-informed care, mental health, attachment theory and practice, social work, relationship-based therapy, treatment planning, or life skills coaching.
Details of the Position:
– Build relationships with the children through mutual respect, positive feedback, and consistency
– Teach and role-model a variety of social, problem solving, academic, recreational, and self-help skills
– Implement motivational and discipline plans and effective teaching techniques taught in training or outlined in individualized treatment plans for the children
– Complete required regular forms and reports accurately
– Actively and enthusiastically lead and participate in activities
– Safely use crisis intervention techniques to manage aggressive behavior
– Contribute to building a home-like, therapeutic environment
– Set boundaries in a nurturing, supportive way
– What we look for: patience, empathy, emotional resilience, flexibility, punctuality
– Part- or full-time hours available. Currently hiring for our October 23 training class.
– Helpful but not required: Social Services degree and/or experience; experience working with children.
– Must be at least 21 years of age
– Must be physically able to use authorized crisis intervention techniques
– Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
– Must be flexible with hours and able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overnights as needed
Salary and Benefits:
– $14.00 or $15.50 per hour depending on experience, with $0.50 per hour increase after completing 90 days of employment.
– Full-time employees receive paid health insurance, subsidized dental and vision, 401k, partial tuition reimbursement options, and 26 days of PTO annually.
Helping Hand Home for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.