Helping Hand Home employs over 90 full-time and part-time staff to work with the 41 children in residence. Positions range from Therapeutic Childcare Specialist and professional clinical staff to administrative and support staff. Helping Hand Home offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Therapeutic Childcare Specialist
The Therapeutic Childcare Specialist works to provide a stable, safe, and healing environment for the children in our care. HHH uses TCU’s Trust-Based Relationship Intervention model as the foundation of our program. A two-week paid training program is provided.
This role might be a good fit for people interested in child development, trauma-informed care, mental health, attachment theory and practice, social work, relationship-based therapy, treatment planning, direct care, or life skills coaching.
- Teach and role-model a variety of social, problem solving, academic, recreational, and self-help skills
- Implement motivational and discipline plans and effective teaching techniques taught in training or outlined in individualized treatment plans for the children
- Build relationships with the children through mutual respect, positive feedback, and consistency
- Actively and enthusiastically lead and participate in activities
- Safely use crisis intervention techniques to manage aggressive behavior
- Complete required regular forms and reports accurately
- Contribute to building a home-like, therapeutic environment
- Set boundaries in a nurturing, supportive way
- What we look for: patience, empathy, emotional resilience, flexibility, punctuality
- New hires can expect to work a mix of morning and afternoon shifts, with occasional overnights
- Part- or full-time hours available. Currently hiring for June and July start dates.
- Helpful but not required: relevant degree and/or experience; experience working with children.
- At least 21 years of age
- Must be physically able to use authorized crisis intervention techniques
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be flexible with hours and able to work weekends and holidays as needed
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: $13.00 or $14.50 per hour depending on experience, with $0.50 per hour increase after completing 90 days of employment.
- Effective July 1, 2017: pay levels will increase to $14.00 or $15.50 per hour depending on experience, with $0.50 per hour increase after completing 90 days of employment.
- Full-time employees receive paid health insurance, subsidized dental and vision, 401k, partial tuition reimbursement options, and 26 days of PTO annually.
Pre-employment drug test and background check are required as a condition for employment.
Helping Hand Home for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.